How to Style Naturally Curly Hair: 15 Genius Curly Hair Tips

curly hair routine steps

This method helps maintain the natural shape of your curls while reducing frizz. Detangling your curly hair should be a delicate process to prevent damage and breakage. After applying conditioner in the shower, use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to work through knots and tangles.

Consider Natural Oils

“Because of the nature of the curls with 3 and 4C hair types, these hair types require a lot of moisture and hydration to keep the curls healthy. Regular protein treatments like Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate + Repair Protein-Strong Treatment ($12) are also helpful. The biggest mistake that someone with curly hair can make is instantly rinsing out conditioner after applying it.

Use sulfate-free shampoo

Priyanka's dedication to sustainability and social responsibility continues to inspire positive change within the industry. Her journey with Perfect Locks remains an inspiration, unlocking the true potential and confidence of countless individuals worldwide. I have 4a/4b curls, but I’m used to working with all textures. I don’t have a consistent heat protectant, but recently I've been using the CANTU Shea Butter Thermal Shield, and have seen good results.

curly hair routine steps

Use a comb or pick

The only thing you shouldn't do is use any heat, but if you're in a hurry, using a diffuser on low heat is an option. The next step in your low maintenance routine is to condition. It’s one of our fave steps as it gets all the moisture back into your hair and revives the natural curl pattern. Moisture means everything for keeping curly hair protected against frizz, stopping breakage, and keeping tangles at bay. The foundation of effective curly hair care begins with the correct tools. Avoid brushes and combs that tug aggressively at the hair, as they can disrupt curl patterns and cause breakage.

Yes, if you have wavy hair, you can use The Curly Girl Method. But it’s important to remember that adopting this method will not transform your wavy hair and make it coily. It may make your waves more defined and even more wavy, but it won’t change your hair type to a totally new one. After two sessions of cleansing, this step surely feels good. You want your hair to feel completely saturated during this step.

We've gathered some experts to give you tips and tricks to help. Once you're done cleansing and conditioning, you'll want to apply a leave-in moisturizer to help with dryness and frizz. Angelone prefers moisturizing creams, while Toves-Vincilione suggests using a hydrating and reparative balm like the Authentic Beauty Concept Replenish Balm ($31). I have normal- to high-porosity hair and a 3A/3B curl pattern. Deep conditioning weekly or biweekly with a quality treatment or mask. This is an absolute must for moisturized hair all week long with textured hair.

Drying + Styling Curly Hair

The Beginner's Guide to Building a Curly Hair Routine - Who What Wear

The Beginner's Guide to Building a Curly Hair Routine.

Posted: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 07:00:00 GMT [source]

Next, while my hair is damp but not soaking wet, I like to flip my head over and do a light shake to open up my curls, then typically apply leave-in conditioner followed by my styling products of choice. Occasionally I'll finish off with an oil (but not always) and let my hair air dry. First, I’ll rinse my hair and apply my deep conditioner of choice and let it sit on my hair for the recommended time. After that, I’ll hop in the shower and dive into the rest of my wash-day routine. I like to section my hair into four parts and start working the shampoo through my scalp and strands.

In the next few shots, we saw her team put her hair in rollers while she got her makeup done. Bey made sure to show the camera a few hair flips so we could see the final result from every angle. Curls can generally be categorized as wavy, curly or coily, & how you treat & style each one makes all the difference.

curly hair routine steps

Consider using a shower filter to protect your curls from potential damage. Every regimen shares a few essential components, and although your hair type and concerns may alter your hair care routine in some way, there are a few basic steps that every person can benefit from. With your fingers or a detangling brush, work the product evenly throughout the hair.

Gently comb through the hair, starting from the ends and moving upwards to the roots to minimize stress and breakage. This step is crucial for preventing tangles from becoming tighter and more difficult to manage once the hair is wet. Some of my favorite pre-shampoo options are coconut oil, avocado masks, and aloe vera gel.

I scrunch it into my strands from the bottom, making sure all of my hair is saturated. This technique can help create more defined and voluminous curls. This method helps to absorb moisture without disturbing the curl formation. Allow it to work its magic for at least minutes before rinsing thoroughly. The Controlled Chaos Hair Conditioner helps restore and revive your curls. Moreover, it will leave them soft, manageable, and full of life.

I really just stick to lightweight moisturizing products in the shower. At the moment, I'm using Klorane Ultra-Gentle Shampoo and Conditioner with Oat Milk. Anything too hydrating or too curl-focused weighs my hair down, so simple is best. I cleanse, and then I apply the conditioner at the ends and use a wide-tooth comb to brush the product through the rest of my hair. I live by Olaplex and K18 — my hair is super breakage-prone and they are the only products that have really helped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 Best Condo Interior Design Ideas Condo Renovation Ideas Singapore

Famous Astros Home Run Derby History 2022

Incredible Squatters Take Over Home While Family Vacations Ideas